We know you’re probably spending every spare second outdoors (and who can blame you) so instead of interrupting your valuable sun time we thought we’d do our bit and bring you our top 5 fixtures and fittings available at ACHICA today. We're sure they'll give your home a little design boost in no time at all...
1. Traditional in style but perfect for a contemporary setting, this caged vintage bulb from Dowsing & Reynolds (above) has been inspired by the original made by Thomas Edison. Made with old fashioned style filaments the bulbs will look fantastic perched on a sideboard, shelf, stood on a desk or even hung on the wall and used as a reading light in the bedroom - the possibilities are endless.
2. Italian design house Progetti is known for creating designer timepieces. This CukuRuku Cuckoo Clock is made from natural wood and is a contemporary version of the traditional timepiece. And the best thing? The clock’s light sensor ensures the calling cuckoo is switched off at night. Impressive? We think so!
3. With subtle Oriental references making appearances in furnishings and wallpaper, this birdcage from Nordic Mix is hard to resist. The distressed finish makes it look like an ancient artefact with its own story to tell.
4. If you prefer to dress up your walls with a piece of art, pick from a wide collection courtesy of Sophisticated Statements. The collection features striking framed artwork in silver, gold and copper tones to bring an opulent and contemporary edge to wall spaces.
5. If you like a touch of the exotic then hanging this Moroccan lantern in your garden will no doubt entice. Group them over a table or in a cluster in the corner of a room, hanging from a pergola, and let the light reflect against a wall to beautiful effect.
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer
View all posts by Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer